Kappa Kappa Psi is a fraternal organization that promotes the advancement of college and university bands through dedicated service and support to bands; comprehensive education; leadership opportunities; and recognition; for the benefit of its members and society.
Be it known that Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Fraternity for College Bandmembers, is an organization operating exclusively in the field of the college and university bands, and for the following several purposes:
- To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements.
- To honor outstanding bandmembers through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music.
- To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste and unswerving loyalty.
- To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
- To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located.
Tau Beta Sigma is a co-educational national honorary band sorority dedicated to serving college and band programs. The Sorority, headquartered at the historic Stillwater Station in Stillwater, OK, numbers 3,500 active members in 145 active chapters, and over 40,000 alumni.
Be it known that Tau Beta Sigma, National Honorary Sorority for members of the college band, is an organization operating exclusively in the field of the college and university bands, for the following purposes:
- To promote the existence and welfare of the collegiate bands and to create a respect and appreciation for band activities and achievements among the listening public everywhere.
- To honor outstanding members of the band through privilege of membership, in the Sisterhood, extended in recognition of musical achievement, demonstrated leadership, and an enthusiastic approach to band activities.
- To develop leadership through active participation with the band, and through it, to strengthen those traits of conduct, thought, and idealism which characterize the responsible membership of the band.
- To encourage a close relationship between collegiate bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
- To provide a meaningful and worthwhile social experience for all engaged in collegiate band work, and to cooperate with other musical organizations and societies in every manner consistent with our mutual purposes and those of the institution at which chapters are located.