About the Sisterhood
Learn More About Tau Beta Sigma
Tau Beta Sigma has a national website where we encourage all who want to know more about the sisterhood to visit. Our National Headquarters website is where our membership and those that keep it running on a National Level go to check/receive/learn about our paperwork, get contact information for other chapters or national officials, get detailed information about our licensing and vendors, and access detailed information about our joint projects such as the National Intercollegiate Band and our National Conventions.
Whether you're a student who wants to know more about joining the sisterhood, a current member looking to brush up on our history, or a parent wanting to know who this group of young people are that your son or daughter wishes to join the Tau Beta Sigma National Website should be your one stop destination for more detailed info about the National Identity of the Brotherhood.
Purposes of Tau Beta Sigma
Be it known that Tau Beta Sigma, National Honorary Sorority for members of the college band, is an organization operating exclusively in the field of the college and university bands, for the following purposes:
- To promote the existence and welfare of the collegiate bands and to create a respect and appreciation for band activities and achievements among the listening public everywhere.
- To honor outstanding members of the band through privilege of membership, in the Sisterhood, extended in recognition of musical achievement, demonstrated leadership, and an enthusiastic approach to band activities.
- To develop leadership through active participation with the band, and through it, to strengthen those traits of conduct, thought, and idealism which characterize the responsible membership of the band.
- To encourage a close relationship between collegiate bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
- To provide a meaningful and worthwhile social experience for all engaged in collegiate band work, and to cooperate with other musical organizations and societies in every manner consistent with our mutual purposes and those of the institution at which chapters are located.